22 June 2009

Inking

So I've been thinking about getting a tattoo. Nothing fancy. Something that just attest to my faith. Unfortunately, my spiritual mom has some things against that. But, I not only bend to her wisdom, but that of the wisdom of God. Unbeknownst to me, it actually does talk about inking in the Bible, and warns against. In fact, God commanded it actually not be done.

There's a few references, but the most damning one has to be in Leviticus 19:28 where it states: Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead (a ritualistic thing back in the day), nor print any marks upon you -- for I am the Lord.

Pretty powerful, still it could be argued by those who truly want to argue it I suppose. After briefly studying words on "inking,"marks,"gashes" I have found that God was pretty serious about this not being done. So why so many Christians do it? Who knows.... if you look hard enough, people can seem to find a fallibility in anything -- the thing is... God's Word is irrefutable and therefore infallible.

With all that said.... man, do I still really want to get this next tat.

No comments:

Post a Comment